Thursday 4 November 2010

Legal Against Apple

Lawsuit Against Apple of the Day:

          Well, the people say that "we all" saw this coming a mile away. I don't know that I'm one of "we all," since I just joined the iPhone cult a couple of months ago, but I guess I'm not surprised.

            Somebody filed a putative class action against Apple in a California state court, claiming that the company maliciously released an operating system upgrade for its 3G and 3GS iPhones knowing the new release would jack those phones up something fierce. Why? So users would get frustrated and buy the iPhone 4, of course.

                The suit claims that Apple knew all along that "upgrading" to the new operating system would turn the formerly mystical device into a "virtually useless 'iBrick.'" The Apple Insider calls the complaint "sensational." Meh. It reads like a pretty typical false advertising/deceptive business practices complaint to me. But, like I said, I'm no Apple addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment